5/3/10

bury my shell at wounded knee

have you ever read something in your adult life that u previously saw when you were younger... only to realize -- "oh sh*t, THAT'S what it means!"

for instance, take the title to this post. does it sound at all familiar to you? any part of it?! i'll explain. when i was a ratty middle schooler, i played video games ALL the time. a favorite of mine was the arcade version of TMNT: Turtles in Time. one of the stages was called, "bury my shell at wounded knee". i always thought it was a cool title...and the music was badical! (dark mark - you can thank me for that).

it wasn't until i was in college that i realized that the makers of the game were history buffs! isn't that a cool feeling? what were the chances that i didn't skip (or sleep) through this particular history II class...and end up learning about something that was related to a childhood memory? who could have guessed that my passion for ninja turtles along with 'bury my heart at wounded knee' would make me WANT to learn about history? well, it did.... at least for that one test.

childhood memories can be an awesome stepping stone to success in older age. i'm not saying that this one incident changed my life, but it made me realize how much a person can grow up. it also wasn't until i got older that i realized that i inherited my dad's ability to strike up a conversation with just about anyone. unfortunately, i think i got more of the height gene from my mother's side (or did i actually mean LESS!). God, please give my child HM's bookworm ethics, good skin, and straight teeth. and if u could miraculously throw in some NBA-growth to his or her legs.... i'd greatly appreciate it too!

-EM


*HM update - visited Dr. today. progressing as normal. and no, we didn't find out the sex! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment